Wednesday, February 19, 2014

You Shouldve Seen the Rain.

No really you should have... It was probably the most drenched i have ever been in my life.
There we (Elder Sudweeks and I) were, finishing up our lunch and getting ready to take the world by the horns. Our last 5 minutes were ticking by as we labeled our new ward list, when we heard the intrepid pitter patter of the rain being hurled at the side of our apartment. I just smiled, I ignored the temptation to believe today would be "one of those days" and I suited up. a little fire started up in my heart, and I knew it would keep me warm.
The rain was nothing too abnormal yet, as we knocked on a few potentials, and talked to a brave young lady waiting for a ride in the rain. As we did so, the rain just kept falling, harder and harder it seemed. We weren't swayed however, our water resistant coats could handle this and a little more, so we pressed on. We knocked some doors on our way up to talk to some more people on the top of Mountain gate. No one was too interested, and the hiss from the rain just got louder and louder. After the few houses we tracted, we made our ascent to the Mountain Gate summit to contact a referral and visit a few members... and Let me tell you..even as hard as it was raining, we could NEVER had expected the amount of water that hit us over the next 15 minutes.
There must have been some really funny firefighters in the sky who thought it'd be a hoot to spray the heck outta a few missionaries trying to do the work of the lord. We were soaking. Literally it wasnt even worth holding up our umbrella. I felt the cold dampness of my slacks meander across my thighs, untill it drenched my calves, and flooded my socks. Within seconds, my entire body, weather proof jacket and all, were sopping wet.
I remember looking up to the sky and thinking, there is nothing I can do about this rain.. I can't hide, I can't run, I just have to be wet...I looked at Elder Sudweeks, and I knew he was thinking the exact same thing...
We were 100% hosed. Pun Intended. So what did we do? We started laughing. I mean REALLY laughing..We were just so entertained by how unfortunate we were at the time. It was hilarious to us, to see each other sopping wet knowing "that was just the way it was gonna be!" We smiled and made the best of what we had. After we gathered ourselves once again, we headed up that hill. The rest of the day was filled with tracting, and contacting, with success here and there. I think to some people we had a very miserable day. However Ill be the first to tell you... we were happy :)
You've all heard it before, Your life is all about your attitude. Bad things happen to us, and unfortunate events seem to follow us around. Sometimes in life you lose an eye, or get laid off from a job. The point is how you deal with it, is a large measure of where you will find happiness.

"If youve got a faith, you can handle Difficulties" -Russel M Neslon

The gospel of Jesus Christ is a Fix all to all of our problems in life, if we let it be. The Saviors Atonement makes all that is unfair about life fair...If we keep our hopes high, and turn to the Savior, we can handle the torrential rain, and learn to even enjoy walking in it.

Mosiah 3:19
 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a childsubmissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.

May each of us become more like little children, to endure, and make the best of every situation, knowing God has in mind what is best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment